Session Focus: The Data-Driven Leader–KISS and Tell at Cigna
Case study: Cigna
Sometimes the best thing you can have in business is a big, fat KISS, as in, keep it simple, stupid. A popular phrase coined from a 1960 U.S. Navy project, the acronym has multiple iterations, but it’s meaning — don’t overcomplicate that which does not need complexity — could be a motto by which learning leaders operate.
That said, keeping things simple doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot going on behind the proverbial wizard’s curtain. Cigna’s overall learning mission has two prongs: a focus on capability building and that employees should learn with and from each other.
Karen Koocher first shared these strategies in a 2013 CLO Magazine article when she was recognized on the magazine cover as the featured story. Bala Swaminathan will give us a 2020 update and dig deeper into how Cigna is developing Data-Drive Leaders.
Essential Forwarding-thinking Skill: Big Data and Analytics
This invite-only collaborative aligns with the research Karen Kocher shared on Oct 17, 2019, Essential Behaviors & Skills Driving for 2019 and Beyond. By participating in this 90-minute, highly interactive virtual learning circle, HR and Talent Development Team Leaders can build essential new skills critical as our workplaces are evolving.
This 90-min virtual session is an invite-only collaborative in which each participant should plan to login using their webcam and computer microphone/speakers.
- You and your team members can register below or send a quick email to Dirk Tussing so he can process your registration.
- If possible, plan to log in a few minutes early to make sure you have the Zoom plug-in loaded on your computer, and your headset/mic is working correctly.
This Learning Circle, The Data-Driven Leader, is produced by Executive Learning Exchange.
Individual & Team Leaders Members
You must be logged in before you can register. You can log in here
- Data-Driven Leader Learning Circle: KISS and Tell at Cigna - July 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Learning Circle #6: Coronavirus & Social Injustice - June 15, 2020
- UpSkilling America through Developing Frontline Workers & Apprenticeships - October 17, 2016