On January 1, 2013, AbbVie, a global biopharmaceutical company, was founded with the purpose of making a remarkable impact on millions of patients around the world. We had a unique opportunity to leverage our rich history and expertise while building a new company. One of our key strategic imperatives was (and remains) creating our culture. This included development of our cultural attributes and talent philosophy, establishing our talent and development processes. In building our new culture, Human Resources saw an opportunity to leverage a foundation of a science and evidence-based insights to inform key decisions around our talent and culture.
In this session, we will walk you through examples from our journey of leveraging people analytics to inform decisions to shape our culture and build our talent capabilities. We will share the insights we gained and actions we were able to take by answering questions such as:
- What are key drivers of employee engagement within AbbVie?
- How are we leveraging job changes to develop our talent?
- What is the impact of good managers on engaging, rewarding, and developing talent?
- How do we open up opportunities to develop more talent?
There will be opportunity throughout the presentation to discuss the key data elements that went into the decisions and how similar questions may be answered within your organizations. We will close with an update on some of our future questions, with opportunity for you to share your thoughts on how to pursue the use of analytics in answering some pressing questions related to talent.
(My) Top 5 guidelines for getting the most impact out of people analytics:
- Clearly articulate the business need
- Be focused with a few powerful metrics
- Be action-oriented
- Use judgment
- Understand our role in driving change