Organizations continue to rely on traditional learning programs for developing leaders. Kivland/King published “Six Reasons Why Leadership Training Fails-A Research Review” as the cover story in the January 2015 article for Hr.com’s Leadership Excellence Essentials Magazine! Kivland & King suggest there is much we can learn from neuroscience to accelerate corporate leadership development. How can learning professionals learn from and apply this research to their organizations?
To help guide the roundtable panel discussion, here are questions we will try to explore:
- What does the research & neuroscience tell us about issues L&D should think about?
- What techniques can we incorporate into leadership development programs that will improve the quality of decision-making and collaboration within our organization?
- What are the biggest obstacles to the application? How can we influence them?
- When it comes to building cohorts and connections, what’re strategies can we use related to Social/Connections, Reflection/Mindfulness, and “tame the tiger” more effectively?
- What are the critical neuroscience takeaways for learning & talent development leaders to be mindful of?
This session will focus on providing insight into:
- Learn new techniques using insight from neuroscience for improving learning solutions for leadership development within your organization.
- Fostering a Culture for Integrated Talent Management - May 14, 2015
- Accelerating Leadership Development: It’s All About Connection and Contribution Roundtable Discussion - May 14, 2015
- Integrated Talent Management Strategy: What ITM means and how to create a strategy that creates business impact? - October 28, 2013